Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Quiet Before...

It is very hard to believe that it will be Palm Sunday in only a few days. . .let Holy Week begin! Although it is quieter here in Rome, it is just the calm before a busy week, although it is going to be a very different "busy" for me. I won't have the joy and privilege of presiding at the Holy Week liturgies at Holy Redeemer Parish (Jenison) as I have done for almost a decade. Yes, I am going to miss presiding at what are my favorite liturgies, but I am going to have the opportunity to celebrate all but Holy Thursday at St. Peter's Basilica. And I am slated to distribute the Eucharist at all of the liturgies I will be attending. What a privilege!

I will be praying for all of you this week, please pray for me!

Here is the official portrait of Pope Francis, with Swiss Guard pictures on either side (just because).





1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of the Holy Father! The Swiss guards are very colorful!

    We sure will miss you during Holy Week. Keeping you in prayer.

    God bless you,

    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete