Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Holy Week has begun!

As you may know, I celebrated Palm Sunday in St. Peter's Square with the Holy Father. I had the honor of being a Eucharistic Minister for the liturgy. It was a spectacular day...sunshine, pageantry, and great words from Pope Francis. All these elements have helped my Holy Week to have a great start. The remainder of the week I will be heading back to St. Peter's Basilica for the Triduum liturgies. I will also be attending the Chrism Mass in St. Peter's. The only liturgy I will be heading somewhere else to attend will be Holy Thursday since the Pope will only celebrate Mass at a prison facility. By the way, all the liturgies I attend I will be a Eucharistic Minister.

Yesterday we went to St. Mary Major Basilica in Rome for Mass and a visit. That is the first place both Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis visited after being elected. It is the site of an ancient icon of Mary which is revered by the people of Rome.

I hope everyone has a blessed Holy Week.



















4 comments:

  1. Amazing that you get to be in Rome for this! Thank you for the updates and pictures. So, we can expect cooking and a slide show when you get back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Keep the photos and posts coming. Back here we had a succesful RCIA Dinner, Sheri and I cantored Palm Sunday and the choir sounded very good, and tonight rehearsal for Tenebrae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artwork in the church photos are so inspiring! Have a beautiful and blessed Easter.
    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! It brings me back to my visit's to Rome when I was going to college in Europe. Great memories I have of attending Mass during the Easter season with Pope John Paul. What a wonderful experience for you now~ The history is so rich over there. When you return to America, you realize what a young country we truly are. Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete