Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Oh, What a Night!

What can I say but WOW! I didn't believe when I was standing in the pouring rain at 5:45PM that only an hour or so later I would know that we had a new Holy Father. It was a thrill to be part of that massive crowd in St. Peter's Square which couldn't wait to greet Pope Francis I for the first time. And then to be asked by the Pope to pray for him before he gave us his first blessing...that massive crowd got perfectly silent and we all prayed for him....it still gives me chills. His words to us expressed that he was a man of great faith and that he has a deep devotion to Our Lady. I count myself so blessed to have been a witness to this great moment in our Church's history. And to top it off I got to share the moment with Justin Wiltse and Michael Steffes....they are two of our dioceses college seminarians studying abroad here in Rome this semester. All I can say is Deo Gratias!











4 comments:

  1. I can feel your excitement from Parnell! God bless you Father Ron and may God bless Pope Francis! Sue Wilterink

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been an exciting time - for you for sure, and all of us not there in person, but in spirit.

    So glad the Holy Father chose the name, Francis. He surely is a great example of faith to us.

    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great it had to have been to be seeing this event take place! I can't wait to hear your account of it all when you return. May the light of Christ be with the Holy Father and with you. Viva il Papa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being an alumni of the Franciscan University of Steubenville, I am thrilled to see that The Pope has chosen the name St. Francis. The Franciscans at college always were great role models of simplicity and ministering to the poor. It looks like Pope Francis has started off his role as Pope following in St. Francis' footsteps. So refreshing! It must be amazing being there at this time!

    ReplyDelete