Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Completing the Circle...

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending and distributing Eucharist at the Inauguration Mass for Pope Francis in St. Peter's Square. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining brightly. That was such a change from the stormy day in Rome the previous day.

It was a spectacular experience! Not because it was elaborate, but rather because of the elegance gained from simplicity. Pope Francis' homily calling us to be protectors of creation, the truth, and the Church was inspiring. I am not good at estimating crowd sizes, but I would say that the crowd was very large. It really seems that Pope Francis has captured the hearts and minds of so many people, including myself.

And now the Church is once again being led by a shepherd who is calling us to be a better version of ourselves and it is good!















2 comments:

  1. I just finished watching the inaugural mass, which I had recorded on my DVR, and it was amazing! I don't think I ever saw a previous inauguration of a pope. So glad it was such a beautiful day in Rome for our Holy Father's inaugural mass. Amazing pictures, too! Blessings.
    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, I am working on that better version of myself! I am reading the book for the 2nd time. I did drive over to the Detroit area last weekend to hear Matthew Kelly speak at St. Joseph's Church in Lake Orion, and he was great!

    Kathy Faberge

    ReplyDelete